Collection and Use of Personal Information:
- St. Paul University Surigao collects personal information directly from individuals for purposes related to education, employment, administration, and other university-related activities. This may include information such as names, contact details, identification numbers, academic records, employment history, and other relevant data.
- The university collects personal information solely for lawful and legitimate purposes, including but not limited to admissions, academic services, human resources, payroll, alumni relations, security, research, and statistical analysis.
- Personal information may be used to communicate important updates, provide academic and administrative support, facilitate transactions, ensure campus security, and improve the overall educational experience.
Data Disclosure and Sharing:
- St. Paul University Surigao may share personal information with third parties only when necessary and with appropriate safeguards in place. This may include government authorities, regulatory bodies, service providers, research partners, educational institutions, and other trusted entities.
- Personal information will not be disclosed, sold, or rented to unauthorized third parties for marketing or commercial purposes without the individual's explicit consent.
Data Retention and Security:
- Personal information will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, comply with legal obligations, or as required by the university's policies and procedures.
- St. Paul University Surigao takes appropriate technical, organizational, and physical measures to protect personal information against unauthorized access, loss, theft, or misuse. These measures include but are not limited to firewalls, encryption, access controls, staff training, and regular system audits. c. In the event of a data breach, the university will promptly investigate, mitigate the impact, and notify the affected individuals and relevant authorities as required by law.
- Individuals have the right to access, correct, update, or request the deletion of their personal information, subject to any applicable legal restrictions or university policies.
- Requests related to personal data should be submitted in writing to the university's designated Data Privacy Officer (DPO), whose contact information will be made available to all individuals.
- The university will respond to data subject requests in a timely and appropriate manner, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Data Privacy Awareness and Compliance:
- St. Paul University Surigao is committed to promoting awareness and understanding of data privacy among its employees, students, and relevant stakeholders. Training programs and information sessions will be conducted to ensure compliance with this policy and applicable data protection laws.
- The university will regularly review and update its data privacy practices and policies to align with evolving legal and regulatory requirements and best practices.
For inquiries or concerns regarding data privacy and protection, please contact:
St. Paul University Surigao
Address: Corner Rizal and San Nicolas Streets, Brgy. Washington, Surigao City, 8400, Philippines
Phone:(086) 826-4325 / 826-5351 local 125